Monday, June 22, 2009

'I' before 'E' except after 'C'

I have a mate, he is a lawyer, he has a three storied house and a paycheck that sidles up nowhere near close to his ability.
Because he is so highpowered, and so rich, he decided to put in a lift to save himself time.
$18,000 dollars later he was being whisked in a jiffy to the top of his three storied house...and everything was honky dory, and tickety boo.
Six months later his big fat guts popped the bottom two buttons off of his Pierre Cardon shirt...silk of course...So, to remedy this he, for $7500 dollars, bought a stair climbing exercise machine...the purpose of course, was to make himself sweat mightily.
"Why" I asked him, "didn't you just climb the stairs you already had? You could have saved yourself $25,500 and two buttons."

NOW...
When I was young I was taught that 'I' came before 'E' except after 'C'.
they didn't tell me about...
Science,Insouscient,sufficient,species,ancient,fancied,policies,conscience,prescient,
efficient, deficient,...or the double wammies of deficiencies,efficiencies and sufficiencies.

Nor did they tell me about...

veil,their,seize,weird,weight,sovereign,vein,kaleidoscope,neighbour,feisty,caffeine,
casein,codeine,protein,feign,seize,seizure,eight,deign,beige,forfeit,feint,freight,
geisha,rein,sleigh,surveillance,weigh,neither,leisure,heir,heinous,height,heist,
feisty,Rotweiller,seismic,stein,counterfeit,forfeit,surfeit,
foreign,reveille,sovereign,heifer,albeit,atheism,deify,deity,onomatapoeia....

The bastards.
...and I had my heart set on being a professional scrabble player too.