Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Pop.

My sister was living in Hobbiton long before they put a statue of Gollum in the main street.
Today we sat in a cafe across the street from the statue and watched the tourists take photo's of each other. Their delight was infectious, but it didn't stop us quietly taking the piss out of them.
My sister told me that the movie producers didn't like the shape of the apple trees at Hobbiton, so they got some plum trees, stripped the leaves off the apple trees, and reattached them to the plum trees...she didn't know what happened to the plum leaves.

We were celebrating my fathers 80th birthday today, and even though he died 7 years ago we still toasted his good health.

Today I got papers from city hall approving the new Indian restaurant for Anna from Bangladesh.
I am excited for her...and I am so looking forward to having to walk the 17 seconds overland to get my butter chicken...now that is what I call convenience food.

This evening I managed to get out for a jog on the golfcourse, but darkness is now falling so quickly that I have to step lightly to get out of its way.
The leaves of the Planes trees that border the old race course, crackle underfoot but by the time I run over the top of them it is too dark to see.

No comments: